Cooking With @Chefmtodd EP 1
Cooking With @Chefmtood • 6m 38s
Food always taste better when made with Love.
We are bringing you quick and easy go to meals for those busy weekdays, so you can get in, get out and get it done together.
This week we are making.... "Vegan Sheppard's Pie"
- 7 to 8 Medium Potatoes (Cubed)
- 1/2 Red Onion (Diced)
- 1/2 Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Cup of Fresh Cut Green Beans
- 1 Cup of Carrots (Sliced)
- 1 Cup of Broccoli (Chopped)
- 2 Cups of Vegan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp of flour
- 1/2 Cup of Almond Milk
- Avocado Butter or Oil
1. In a large stock pot add about a gallon of water, potatoes and 1tsp of salt.....Bring to a boil.
2. While potatoes are cooking (about 15 mins), in a separate pan heat 2 Tbsp of Avocado Butter, 2 Tbsp of Flour to make a roux. Cook roux on a med high heat, stir often until roux is a blonde color, about 5-6mins.
3. Once roux is ready, whisk in vegetable stock and cook over med heat until it starts to thicken, remove from heat.
4. In a large pan add 2 Tbsp of avocado butter, heat on med high and add red onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook for approx. 4-5mins
5. Add remaining vegetables, season with salt and pepper, cook on med high heat for 8-10mins. Add gravy to cooked vegetables
6. Drain the cooked potatoes and place back into pot. Add 4 Tbsp of avocado butter, almond milk and mash potatoes until smooth consistency. Salt to taste
7. Grease pan with avocado butter, add vegetable mix and top evenly with mashed potatoes. Add vegan cheese on top
8. Cook in a 400 degree oven for approx 30mins
ALLOW TO COOL FOR 10 MINS, SERVE AND ENJOY....
Follow them on Instagram @chefmtodd and @sixthegoddis
Up Next in Cooking With @Chefmtood
Cooking With @Chefmtodd EP 2
Vegan ChickPea patties